Zimmer Biomet is building therapy at home solution integrating data, software, smart devices, and people. This is your chance to join a small but very talented team!
The Senior Android Mobile Developer is part of the Software Applications Development Team and is responsible for analyzing component requirements, designing software solutions, and implementing Zimmer Biomet's software systems on mobile and cloud platforms. Other responsibilities include envisioning app architecture on the iOS platform, and managing technical factors related to performance, quality, resilience, and responsiveness. The right person for this role will be a detail-oriented, results oriented self-starter with the flexibility to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create highly functional and innovative Android solutions to solve real world problems in the medical field.
- Lead the development of a new code and the maintenance of existing features in our Android app that will be packaged and continuously delivered.
- Mentor, lead, and develop best practices for the mobile development team.
- Recommend technology, process, tool, and frameworks improvements to efficiently deliver software.
- Seek to understand the business/industry and unique needs of our clients and end users.
- Substantial development experience with Java and modern front-end frameworks/libraries.
- Solve complicated problems with multiple systems involved.
- Maintain, envision, and improve upon mobile app architecture as appropriate.
- Collaborate with back-end team members to integrate mobile applications to web services.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Mobile, Web and Desktop development experience
- Experience developing software using cloud services either from Azure or AWS.
- Exposure to analyzing acceptance criteria, as well as providing estimates of effort for those criteria with respect to Agile development methodology.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with at least 5+ years of Android Development experience