San Francisco, CA
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting•
Less than 5 years
Posted 398 days agoby Himanshu Purohit
Location: San Francisco, CA (Need Locals Only)
The AndroidDeveloper for the Mobile Team will report to the Director of Mobile. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closelywith Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget
• The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store
• Lead the development of mobile apps for the Android platform.
• Participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts.
• Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
• Work with Releaseengineering team in app deployment activities.
• Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Overall 3+ yrs into development withAndroid UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
• 3+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Eclipse and other IDE tools
• An Object Oriented philosopher withexperience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
• Experienceworking with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
• Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.