We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others.
- Direct the activities of firmware engineering group in the design, development, testing and ongoing maintenance of embedded real time applications for Android based products in Java, C, & C++ development environments using industry best practices. Continually looks for ways of improving development processes and delivery timelines.
- Create project specifications to implement and integrate new applications in our products.
- Provides technical leadership to assigned product families to ensure architectural and design correctness.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for integrating and controlling 3rd party applications on multiple platforms.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and control systems
- Work with technical support to resolve problems in the field with existing products firmware.
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required
- A minimum of 10 years of proven experience developing and debugging embedded software for Android devices is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of technical team lead experience is required
- Strong C, C++ and Java skills are required
- Must have experience with:
- Android NDK/SDK and Linux
- Multi-threaded and multi-process architectures with various inter process communication mechanisms
- TCP/UDP client and server implementations
- Communication Networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience in User Interface development is highly desirable.
- Experience with MJPEG/H264 streaming video methods/protocols is highly desirable.
- Experience with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a plus.
- Experience with resource constrained processors (e.g. single core ARM) is a plus.
- Experience with HW accelerated graphics processing (OpenGL ES) is beneficial.
- Experience with device driver development is beneficial.