Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 198 days agoby Amy McCarthy
Want to work for a company that loves to have fun and treats you like a valued member of the team?
Are you searching for a career opportunity with lots of growth and great compensation and benefits?
If so, we need to talk!
Our client is a commercial construction company headquartered in Ohio and one of the 10 largest builders in the region. They provide a full suite of construction management and general contracting services, including preconstruction services, in the healthcare, corporate, community/urban, and life sciences markets
To help our client continue to grow, we are seeking a Senior and Junior Estimator for their headquarters office.
The Estimator positions will be responsible for portions of pre-construction planning, estimating, risk analysis and bid assembly.
* Lump sum bid process including risk assessment, quantity surveying, self-performance pricing, scheduling, bid solicitation, subcontractor scope coordination, and final bid assembly
* Performing schematic, design development and construction document estimates including budgeting all scopes of work, value analysis of current design, communication with and presentation to owner and design team
* Coordinating with construction operations and MEP estimators
* Responsible for bid document organization and tracking (drawings, specifications, RFI?s and addendums)
* Preparation and editing of company front-end documents (GR/GC?s, subcontractor scopes of work, bid forms, project schedules, logistics plans, bid tabs)
* Performing quantity take-off?s (understanding limits and waste factor applications) and preparing estimates (site work, concrete, structure, exterior enclosures, interiors, MEPs)
* Understanding materials needed and how they are purchased; evaluate/anticipate crew sizes
* Research costs for permits and tap fees
* Understand PW requirements, tax / tax-exempt requirements, subcontractor bonding criteria
* Be able to build the project and tell the story in the estimate; know constructability
* Attend pre- and post-bid meetings
* 3-5years using ProContractor with estimating software
* Proficient with Isqft is a plus
* Proficient with Phoenix is a plus
* 5-10 years of industry related experience (a minimum of 3years of construction and/or estimating experience).
* A 4 yr degree in industry related field is a must
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and construction related software/systems are a must.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
* We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth.