Do you want to work directly with hospital and health system clients?
Interact with executives, physician leaders, and operational staff?
Are you excited about deploying analytically derived insights into the clinical and operational workflow?
Do you like working with smart and motivated people?
If so, you’ve come to the right place!
We work directly with hospitals and health systems to solve their technical and analytical challenges as they move from “volume to value”. As a Sr. Analytics Business Consultant your primary job is to help hospital systems and providers leap into the future of healthcare financing. Our work is complicated. If you were to be in this role, your primary responsibility would be to do projects that lead to improvement in patient and financial outcomes for clients. To do this, you would understand our client’s complex value-based arrangements, take data from multiple sources including medical claims, labs, pharmacy, EHR, and more to quantify baseline performance, identify opportunities and the root causes for them, and collaborate with the client and our operations staff to achieve mutually defined goals.Job Description:
NOTE: This position requires residency in Cincinnati, OH or the surrounding area.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Function as a subject matter expert advising clients on how to implement workflows that utilize Lumeris insights in clinical workflows and speak to the differentiating factors used in Lumeris analytics
- Manage the development lifecycle of reports, dashboards, and other client deliverables
- Provide technical direction and interpret insights for the market account team while collaborating with client partners to manage relationships and drive value
- Establish thought leadership in standard and supporting analytics
- Provide day to day analytic guidance and tactical direction to the team
- Manage client expectations and escalations
- Customer focused; committed to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; obtains customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Has the ability to learn on the fly; is open to change; has an experimental attitude when looking for solutions; comfortable working with unfamiliar tasks; grasps quickly the systems and processes that they are working on.
- Uses logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately utilizes resources available to them when solving problems; has excellent and objective analysis skills; provides next steps, recommendations and/or solutions.
- Capable of producing clearly written technical/requirements documentation that represents a business user’s requirement(s) and can be understood and/or used by the development team.
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing and leading technical teams
- At least 5+ years of experience analyzing large, complex healthcare datasets (including EMR/EHR, claims, eligibility and publicly available data such as CMS LDS)
- SQL experience required, R and python is a definite plus
- Experience conducting outcome analyses
- Health plan/insurance company/payer experience strongly preferred or will substitute relevant hospital experience
- Experience using BI visualization tools, such as Tableau, to create easily understood, client facing visualizations
- Process oriented, ownership for projects and deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to identify actionable steps towards completing objectives
- Strong problem-solving ability, analytical and design skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; Comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization
- Proven leader that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage relationships with internal and external business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Willingness to travel