The Sr. Analyst, Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) is responsible for providing support function activities to all assigned Business Lines (BLs) who contract with Third Parties to provide goods and services. This position will develop strong relationships with their BL Executives and teams to ensure adherence to the Third Party Risk Management program. Regular interactions, including presentations, within BL meetings will be an integral part of this position. This position also regularly interacts with many internal Voya teams, including Strategic Sourcing, Legal, Compliance, Information Security and Operational Risk.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with BL Executives, Relationship Owners (ROs) and business partners.
- Understanding of applicable Federal guidelines and regulations related to managing Third Party risk inclusive of FRB sr1319a1, FIL 44-2008, OCC 2013-29 and any other applicable federal guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to Voya's Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures.
- Develop a deep understanding of the products and services provided by the BL's Third Parties.
- Communicate consistently and effectively TPRM processes and any process changes with all key stakeholders and various levels of management.
- Support the Director of TPRM and internal/external partners (e.g. Audit and Regulators, Executives, etc.) for various risk routines.
- Continuous improvement of the Third Party risk management process
- Execute flawlessly the TPRM process, including but not limited to risk assessment validation, Third Party performance evaluation review and challenge, issues management remediation, and Third Party Contingency Planning.
- Provide deep insight into Third Party performance including analysis of key metrics, reporting of risk data and integration of supplemental Third Party information. Prepare reports and report out to assigned BLs regularly on supplier performance, risks and issues.
- Support ongoing development, updating and refinement of the Third Party Risk Management policy, procedures and related process. Identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Create, review and communicate Third Party performance scorecards, quarterly business reviews and annual assessments with LOBs.
- Manages quality assurance program and conducts audits on third party onboarding, due diligence, ongoing monitoring and termination activities according to established quality standards;
- Develop training on policies and procedures concerning the third party risk management lifecycle
- Ensure timely completion of special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Partner with Voya Strategic Sourcing, Legal, Compliance, Information Security, Operational Risk, and various other internal groups to ensure a consistent and smooth operation of the Third Party Risk Management policy, procedures and process.
- BA/BS required in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in the financial services industry or related field; related work experience could include Risk Management, Supplier Management, Sourcing, Procurement, Audit, Legal or Compliance.
- Understanding of federal banking guidelines/requirements.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external people in a professional manner that creates confidence in his/her knowledge and abilities and helps foster mutually satisfactory resolution to risk gaps and issues.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to establish priorities, multi-task, handle competing priorities and follow through on all open items/tasks.
- Decision making and ability to clearly articulate decisions in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects and process improvement activities.
- Working knowledge of risk components (e.g., policy/procedures, governance, reporting, self-assessments, and loss event capture) in a regulated environment (e.g., FDIC, FFIEC, FRB, OCC guidelines).
- Results oriented yet team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize complex issues.
- Self-starter with ability to manage rapidly changing priorities and opportunities in a fast-paced environment with little direction.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Customer oriented mindset with a drive to deliver high quality results.
- Solid technical skills in the use of Microsoft desktop tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). RSA Archer experience is plus.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.