An exciting opportunity to join a growing team within Market Risk Management(MRM) that is responsible for the development and improvement of all modeling to support annuity risk management, hedging, investments and capital calculations. The position will be heavily involved in building sophisticated projection models that combine capital markets, actuarial and quantitative finance aspects to produce data and analytics for hedging, pricing, accounting and capital processes. The role will connect the work of this team to other business areas to help various firm wide initiatives including launching new products, understanding/incorporating regulatory changes and developing newer hedging strategies.
- Develop, maintain and act as a subject matter expert on MRM’s sophisticated projection models to measure investment guarantees and insurance liabilities under various economic scenarios.
- Hands-on modeling of asset and liability valuations and cash flows supporting company-defined hedge targets that may be economic, GAAP, statutory, or capital in nature
- Understand and communicate the connections between MRM’s models, how it impacts other areas and metrics across the firm
- Leads technical design discussions on modeling and analytics.
- Prepares and communicates complex technical documents, technical designs, unit tests, implementation plans, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Critiques, reviews and comments on the technical designs of peers and recommends enhancements to various systems under development or being currently utilized.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients and or senior management and finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, actuarial science, and engineering) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors).
- ASA or FSA preferred (or equivalent modeling experience in lieu of actuarial designation)
- 5-7+ years of increasing experience in modeling including demonstrated solid experience and understanding of annuity products, risk management and processes.
- 3+ year experience on hands-on model development using a modern language (C++, Python, CSharp, Matlab etc) preferred
- Working knowledge of Stochastic Calculus, Monte Carlo Simulation, Financial derivatives and “Greeks”.
- Working knowledge of annuity products & marketplace, statutory and regulatory environment, US GAAP accounting of annuities, hedging strategies and mutual funds
- Self-starter with a demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding performance expectations.
- Intellectually curious with demonstrated ability to acquire and develop new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Drives performance targets to completion. #LI-AE1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.