PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Analyst, Project Structuring for Distributed Energy is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and presenting the quantitative and qualitative financial analysis that enables transaction pricing and/or financial return evaluation of capital investments in distributed generation and energy infrastructure and assets, including but not limited to Energy Efficiency, Solar and other renewable generation. As an integral part of the development team, the Analyst, Project Structuring utilizes financial modeling expertise and experience in project finance, tax, and accounting structuring and contract negotiation to determine the optimal product offering, including new product development, to meet our customer's needs and maximize return on capital. The Analyst, Project Structuring will also interface with a variety of buy side investors and infrastructure asset owners, and will also interact with lenders for project financing. In addition, the Analyst, Project Structuring will coordinate internally with functional support groups, including Tax, Accounting, Regulatory, Credit, Risk, and Legal to secure functional approval for prospective transactions and ensure compliance with internal policies and return guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative financial analysis, modeling, and DCF valuation to drive transaction pricing and/or financial return evaluation of capital investments in distributed generation and energy assets.
- Internal coordination with functional support groups, including Tax, Regulatory, Accounting, Credit, Risk, and Legal to secure functional group approval for prospective transactions and ensure final agreements are in compliance with internal policies and approvals.
- Development and commercialization of new products that compliments Solar Asset Investments such as Solar + Storage as well as Constellation's broader load serving business. Development and management of external financing counterpart relationships.
- Performance of market research and/or due diligence in support of new product or market development and new project qualification.
- Track market, regulatory, and industry developments that impact the structuring and financial performance of potential and existing projects, including events and news in the financial and commodity markets, federal, state, and local regulatory changes, and manufacturer, supplier, and customer issues.
- Integration of these macro- and micro-variables into the financial analysis and modeling to lead to the development of new structured finance solutions that support business growth.
- Development and modeling of project finance and other debt/equity investment structures for renewable energy, energy asset, and energy efficiency projects.
- Maintenance of strategic tax equity investor and project financing relationships to maximize capital structure flexibility and allow the company to secure lower cost of capital for its projects.
- Contract structuring and negotiation of commercial, legal provisions and definitive documentation as an integral part of transaction teams.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of relevant and demonstrable experience.
- Applicable work experience in energy, finance is preferred.
- Superior Microsoft Excel modeling skills required for development/maintenance of financial models.
- Ability to consume large amounts of data and detailed information within a fixed time frame and identify and communicate the key points to support an analysis or result.
- Working familiarity with contracting vehicles and experience with legal review and negotiations.
- Strong negotiation skills and salesmanship.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team leadership/project management and resource/time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and make actionable decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Projects credibility and comfort in representing the business in working with internal customers and the broader company in working with external customers.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related field plus 3 years of experience reflecting demonstrable ability in the skill set described above.
- Applicable investment experience for a strategic or financial energy investor.
- Familiarity with VBA for excel or other scripting language, as well as other computing/database environments and valuation systems is preferred.