Sr Analyst IT -Windows Administrator - (207714)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes in support of the Wintel-based devices related to the ComEd IT infrastructure. Reports to the group team lead. Position requires working knowledge of Windows operating systems and server technologies; basic knowledge of networking; the ability to troubleshoot and resolve system issues; and to work towards improving existing system designs. Expands and applies knowledge of customer processes to job activities. Expected to work under minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and ongoing support of Intel Servers, Windows operating systems, and VMWare infrastructure. Assist with efforts to develop more efficient maintenance procedures for supporting installed solutions.
- Maintain a working relationship with the utility business unit stakeholders to facilitate the planning and work scheduling of production changes impacting servers, clients and network in the ComEd IT environment. Interfacing with vendor partners supporting the ComEd IT infrastructure.
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams. Provide system security configuration recommendations based on NERC CIP requirements.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Maintain technical and utility knowledge related to ComEd IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 3 to 5 years related experience in supporting Intel Servers, Windows Operating Systems, and VMware or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in developing and deploying system changes or collecting system information using automated methods such as PowerShell scripting and group policy
- Advanced PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Experience supporting Windows Active Directory, including group policy authoring and configuration management
- Advanced experience in automating OS deployment
- Experience in securing IT systems and infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills and ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Certifications: Windows, VMware, Security
- VMware Horizon View experience
- Understanding of NERC CIP or othersecurity programs
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches, SANs and Firewalls
- Experience in lifecycle planning of OS and hardware for Windows systems and platforms
- Knowledge of business practices and processes for change management and basic project management disciplines
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor