Plymouth Meeting, PA
Industry: Energy & Utilities•
Less than 5 years
Posted 82 days ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processesunder the guidance of a Lead Analyst or Manager. May assist in the coordination of tasks for subordinates. Independence level: Works under general supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to operations support, maintenance, and projects.
o For operations/application maintenance: enhance, maintain or support existing IT products and processes to the defined service level agreement
o For Projects: analyze requirements, design, build, and test IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
o Maintain engagement with business and IT partners.
- Provide rotational on-call and storm support for critical applications.
- Respond to user issues and system generated alerts.
- Document and develop system enhancements using best practices.
- Maintain security control procedures in compliance with corporate standards.
- Proactively build business/IT knowledge to provide solutions.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Apply and verify compliance to standards as defined within the Management Model.
- As assigned, work effectively with outsourcing partners
- Performs this service in support of Real Time systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 3 to 5years related experience in support and development for business critical applications or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Significant experience with JAVA, Oracle, and related technologies
- Experience working with Middleware and ETL technologies such as IBM MQSeries, Oracle Fusion, SSIS, MFT, and Tibco.
Experience with development in programming technologies such as C#, VB.Net, ASP, etc a plus.
- Knowledge of business practices and processes in Electric and Gas Utility operations strongly preferred. Specifically Advance Meter Infrastructure (AMI), Outage Management Systems (OMS), and Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred