PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes under the guidance of a Lead Analyst or Manager. Act as a liaison between various Constellation business groups (Trading, Risk, Wholesale Operations, Accounting, FP&A) and IT to solicit and develop comprehensive business requirements, functional & technical specifications, design solutions and develop long-term strategies. May assist in the coordination of tasks for subordinates. Independence level: Works under general supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes.
- Analyze requirements, design, build, and test configuration for Constellation's ETRM system (Endur) and related applications in accordance with IT management standards.
- Assist less experienced personnel.
- Proactively build business/IT knowledge to provide solutions.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business, IT partners and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication across various organizational units and help resolve conflicting requirements. Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively, knowing when to escalate and involve others.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Apply and verify compliance to standards as defined within the Management Model.
- As assigned, work effectively with outsourcing partners
- Performs this service in support of ETRM and valuation systems
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related discipline, and typically 3 to 5 years relevant experience in business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Broad understanding of business processes particularly in commodity trading, securities trading or finance.
- Previous experience in developing requirements, business processes, opportunity assessments and technical alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workload across multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Energy (Electricity, Gas, Oil) industry experience
- Risk Management systems
- System Integration experience