$80K — $100K *
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As a Senior Investment Accounting & Reporting Analyst you will contribute to the Investment Accounting and Reporting team within the Chief Accounting Officer’s organization by supporting the investment accounting and financial reporting processes of the Company’s invested assets on a GAAP, Statutory, SEC, Management, and Tax basis. You will also be helping ensure the proper accounting treatment of investment positions for assigned area(s) of responsibility by providing technical accounting expertise while implementing and analyzing accounting policies to support Lincoln Financial Group’s goals and strategic objectives. You will carry out duties such as SEC and Statutory reporting, including 10K/10Q and Bluebook/Greenbook filings, accounting close and Management/Business Unit support.
• Review financial statements and supporting schedules according to the investment accounting close calendar
• Lead the investment accounting close including the preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
• Support quarterly earnings release and other investor relations-related matters such as investor presentations and internal management earnings memos
• Conduct financial analysis on consolidated and business unit results, including providing ongoing support for the business unit teams and our various other partners as needed
• Research complex technical accounting, reporting, and transactional matters as they arise, and document conclusions reached in accordance with relevant accounting literature
• Assist in the review of industry and governmental surveys
• Provide ongoing support for partners across the organization for all investment accounting, reporting, and transactional needs
• Resolve inquiries from portfolio management and/or asset managers
• Provide guidance and serve a resource to junior team members
Monitoring and Analysis
• Analyze financial statements to understand trends in the business and ensure the accuracy of reported investment related results, and communicate analysis to key stakeholders
• Maintain and improve our internal control system to ensure a successful outcome of SOX testing and opinion
• Stay informed of existing and emerging investment accounting and reporting principles, assessing their applicability
• Support financial audits and corporate reporting requirements
Decision-making, Strategy, and Management Accounting
• Identify and lead process improvement (e.g., new system implementations, system conversions, strategic initiatives) and procedural or accounting changes
• Design and lead special projects including new accounting principle implementation and SOX process improvement
• Develop strong relationships with internal clients (e.g., management, peers, colleagues) and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders
• Champion organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting departmental/enterprise initiatives within agreed area(s) of responsibility
• 5-7+ Years of experience in investment accounting, finance or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position is required
• Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA desired. CPA/CFA highly desired
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Priority setting, time management and organizational skills
• Technical, programming, and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with ability to work independently #LI-DS
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process,
Valid through: 3/4/2021
$80K — $100K
14 days ago