The Senior Analyst / Manager will work with US-based and foreign-based international tax personnel on tax issues related to operating, financing, and holding companies in various countries as well as analyzing tax planning, tax accounting, IRS audit, and tax compliance matters for Yum! Brands.
- Support tax planning projects by having a working knowledge of a broad range of international tax issues, including ownership of specialized areas of tax expertise (including, but not limited to foreign corporation under Section 367, foreign currency issues under Sections 987 and 988, Subpart F, GILTI, etc.
- Develop responses to IRS audit requests related to international entities / transactions and identify risks associated with such IDRs
- Prepare and/or review complex US tax returns for domestic and foreign subsidiaries (Forms 1120, 1120-F, 5471, 8858, 8865, etc) including calculating E&P, Tax pools, stock basis, actual and deemed dividends (Subpart F, Section 956, PTI, etc);
- Prepare and/or review complex calculations related to tax provision and tax return, including GILTI, Subpart F, Foreign Tax Credit.
- Research & provide guidance for certain tax technical areas, including driving know how building in these areas with rest of Tax Team;
- Drive ongoing improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of key international compliance processes; and
- Assist with tax planning projects to drive shareholder value
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Masters degree with CPA certification and/or JD with LLM in Taxation preferred
- 5-10 years tax experience with at least 3 years’ experience in US international outbound issues including tax planning OR at least 3 years’ experience in working on and/or managing large tax projects and external advisors
- Strong track record of working closely with various groups within a corporate structure (e.g. treasury, finance, ops, etc.)
- Strong track record of problem solving, strategic/creative thinking and effective business communication skills.
- Independent, self-starter with enthusiasm and creativity and the ability to manage numerous projects and customers
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel. Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards, and OneSourceCorptax desirable.