We are currently offering the opportunity for a dynamic and engaging Information Security Leader to join our Information Security Risk Management organization as the Sr. Analyst, Insider Threat. This job will play a critical role in the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide Insider Threat program for Charles Schwab and partner with cross-functional program stakeholders to create practical use cases for the monitoring and mitigation of insider threats to the Firm.
This role will also be responsible for conducting Insider Threat risk assessments that will provide key input into Charles Schwab's overarching Insider Threat strategies and policies, and help drive the prioritization of the Insider Threat program's roadmap and milestones.
You will work with Charles Schwab leadership, businesses, subsidiaries, teams, and partners to determine an Insider Threat strategy to effectively safeguard Charles Schwab's information assets; particularly our clients' information, and to maintain a culture of security through its Insider Threat program.
This role is also expected to participate in financial services and other industry Insider Threat information sharing organizations to help improve the overall strength of Schwab and its industry peers' Insider Threat programs.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Managing Director, Cyber Risk Intelligence in defining business, technical, and operational requirements and objectives for an Insider Threat program framework.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive, holistic Insider Threat strategy in a heterogeneous and decentralized computing environment with a variety of users including employees, business partners, and customers utilizing many different types of end devices. Key areas of focus involve ensuring appropriate insider threat oversight, implementation and review.
- Other areas of focus will include conducting ongoing Insider Threat risk assessments to identify any possible gaps in the Insider Threat program. Key responsibilities would also include, but not be limited to:
- Partner with key program stakeholders to ensure successful deployment and operation of Insider Threat program deliverables
- Evaluate Schwab technology landscape to identify and prioritize sources of potential Insider Threat risk indicators
- Assist in the implementation of technical processes and procedures to collect and aggregate potential Insider Threat risk indicators into a common platform
- Assist in the development of Insider Threat risk model(s) based on the correlation of Insider Threat risk indicators and implement continuous improvements/refinements to the model
- Provide in-depth analysis of potential Insider Threat risk events and make recommendations for further investigation as appropriate
- Recommend and implement processes to foster deterrence, education and awareness of Insider Threat to the broader Schwab organization
- Recommend and implement controls to mitigate the risk of Insider Threat
- Assist in Insider Threat response, as called upon
- Assist the Managing Director, Cyber Risk Intelligence in ensuring the Insider Threat strategy reflects business and regulatory drivers without affecting operational efficiency
- Review policy documents, analyze current and proposed Insider Threat strategy to identify possible gaps
- Evaluate and propose updates to existing Firm policies to reflect Insider Threat strategy and requirements, as appropriate
- Assist in the development of Insider Threat reports and briefings to key program stakeholders and senior leadership
- Assist in the establishment of a Charles Schwab Insider Threat working group
- Assist in the management of responses to Insider Threat related audit and regulatory inquiries
- Assist in the management of responses to Insider Threat related inquiries from Charles Schwab leadership, businesses, subsidiaries, teams, and partners
- Additional projects and tasks may be included based on business needs and the regulatory environment.
What you have:
- At least 8 years of experience as an Information Security practitioner, with increasing leadership responsibility for both people and projects
- Substantial hands-on experience managing or working in an Insider Threat program
- Familiarity with NIST Cybersecurity Framework and Insider Threat-specific best practice guidance (NITTF, SIFMA, Carnegie Mellon, etc.)
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements/laws such as PCI, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and executive audiences, both oral and written is required
- Experience interfacing with auditors in support of audits and external regulatory exam processes is required
- Experience in gathering requirements, documenting and assessing information for implementing information security controls is required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong initiative; self-starter; self-directed; ability to multi-task
- Experience in project planning, meeting facilitation for multiple groups and projects is preferred
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and ITPM, CISSP, CISM, or equivalent certification is preferred