Sr Analyst - Hadoop Application Programmer
Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains, and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on the most complex projects, often on multiple phases, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed. Working knowledge of business or function for which application is designed. Often responsible for the completion of a phase of a project. Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates. Typically requires 3-5 years of applicable experience.
The candidate is expected to work independently to source the retail loans data from various upstream systems. The candidate should be able to determine if the data received from the upstream systems are of good quality based on the rules and data quality validations defined and in case of any issues with the data quality analyze and come up with a preliminary summary of the root cause / issue. Candidate should be able to independently develop value added processing rule to massage the data. The candidate is expected to liaise with the business analysts, risk managers and other technology delivery manager.
Considering the portfolio of products in review, the candidate should have strong domain knowledge in the field of Risk Management and various loan products in the RetailBanking domain. He / She should have 1-3 years of experience in handling batch processing systems that processes data in the volume of 50-100 GB during the monthly cycle.
• Have a good understanding of the E2E process of the application
• Work with the Business Analysts to understand the enhancements / changes being propagated in a particular release cycle, design and work on the coding & unit testing tasks
• Work with the QA team during the SIT phase and support the SIT
• Work with Platform Support team during UAT phase
• Identify improvement areas within the application and work with the respective component teams to implement the same
• Be a good team player
• Flexibility in adapting to team requirements
• Ensuring adherence to defined process & quality standards, best practices
• Ensuring high quality levels in all deliverables
• Adhere to team’s governing principles and policies
• Participate in mandatory training and cross functions across team
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and zeal to acquire domain knowledge
• Participate and contribute to Team/Project Reviews
• Actively involved in Process improvements and automations.
• 1-3 years of experience in design and implementation of big data applications using Hadoop technologies such as Spark SQL, Spark DataFrames, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie and Kudu
• Hands on experience with Python and Scala are nice to have.
• 1-3 years of working experience in Java/J2EE and Object oriented programming.
• Strong working knowledge of any one or more of the following databases – Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
• Strong experience in UNIX & Shell Scripting
• Experience in job scheduling tools like Autosys
• Ability to think out of box and provide innovative solutions
• Ability to work independently and take up E2E ownership of tasks
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• 2+ years experience in Banking or financial services domain.
Job number: 18039721