Responsible for transforming raw data into actionable insights that ensure cross-departmental marketing efforts that are effectively driving incremental online sales and attendance. Will prepare and/or present business presentations to multiple audiences at all levels of the organization on key business metrics and trending.
- Analyze website data on traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior, and product selection. Work on stakeholder-specific analysis including campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling. Identify successes, trends, and potential problem areas. Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance.
- Work with implementation specialists to strategically develop and implement web analytics code to enable tracking of online properties. Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights. Directly implement code when possible and manage web production/IT implementation on more sophisticated tracking. Document all data standards and processes as appropriate.
- Lead in creating, managing and distributing data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting including statistical calculations, graphical representation and written analysis utilizing online analytic tools (Adobe Experience Cloud Suite: Workspace, SiteCatalyst, Data Warehouse and ReportBuilder) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (Microstrategy, SQL, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to regularly test and improve online creative content (including web pages, micro-sites, advertising copy, etc.) and products (including ticket packages, vacation packages, special offers, etc.) using A/B and multivariate testing. Drive internal search strategy, pushing visitors to optimal content, whether that is engagement focused or high purchase-predicting.
- Gather analytics business requirements from business groups, design solutions for new features that fit into our standardized implementation, and provide support to technology team on implementation questions. Actively interact with internal clients to assess needs, relay insights, and make recommendations based on those insights. Educate team members on how to access and interpret data for self service requests.
SCOPE: The individual leads the web analysis which drives the strategy, targeting and optimization of our single largest sales channel and marketing platforms in UniversalOrlando.com and HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required – Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred -Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field. Combination of non-related field degree(s) with substantial work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with internal departments towards issue resolution/project release.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine ‘big picture’ implications required.
- Excellent analytical skills required including advanced statistical and data mining techniques.
- Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Previous experience with marketing, media and customer segmentation strategy required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment required.
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
- Strong organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- R, SQL, C++ skills preferred.