This role is responsible for providing monitoring, analysis and recommendations for the development of FNBO's Consumer Bank credit strategies for consumer and commercial card customers.
The Senior Analyst, Credit Management utilizes advanced analytics and problem solving skills to understand complex trends in credit risk and provide recommendations for changes to credit strategies.
- Independently initiate, conduct, and manage complex credit risk projects, including project design, data collection, analysis, summarization, presentation of results and recommendations.
- Monitor, maintain and evaluate performance of existing credit risk strategies.
- Develop new strategies by analyzing and evaluating large data volumes and utilize various statistical and analytical techniques and tools.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners including Marketing, Finance, IT, Operations, and Compliance on developing solutions that are customer led and meet stated business objectives.
- Support on-going internal and external audits by maintaining strong documentation.
- Complete ad-hoc requests on an as-needed basis.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in credit management or another highly analytical business field.
- Knowledge of consumer and/or small business credit
- Understanding of statistical techniques and modeling
- Ability to work with data to identify complex business trends and propose solutions
- 1-3 years of experience using SAS and/or SQL to extract and manipulate data for reporting or data analysis REQUIRED
- 3+ years of experience in credit risk analytics or other related data analytics
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in statistics, finance, economics, engineering, or related quantitative field and 5 years of experience in credit management or other highly analytical business field
- Master's degree in decision science related field and 3 years of experience in credit management or other highly analytical business field