At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Analyst, Credit Risk is responsible for a credit portfolio within the designated regions. This job is also responsible for assessing and analyzing credit risk associated with the wholesale power and gas activities, including trading and origination, as well as assessing/analyzing retail power and gas credit issues for the retail supply business. As a member of the credit organization, this position will require an advanced understanding of the physical and financial products offered by the Company and the marketplace in order to properly assess and monitor counterparty credit/risk issues.
The incumbent is closely aligned with the business and functional leaders throughout the organization, and is expected to foster and maintain strong working partnerships with their respective peers. This position requires interaction with Corporate Accounting, Corporate Treasury and Corporate Risk.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assess and analyze the credit worthiness of customers and trading counterparties, and monitor current and potential exposures.
- Recommend credit terms and conditions within customer and wholesale commodity contracts.
- Coordinate with the margining and treasury teams on counterpart collateral including cash, letters of credit and parental guarantees. Also, coordinate effectively with Receivables team to monitor aged receivables to ensure timely collection.
- Assist on presentations to Senior Management that include credit decisions and recommendations, while highlighting top credit risks within the organization.
- Manage credit relationships with assigned counterparties, Regional Transmission Organizations, and Gas Pipelines. Lead analytical support of these credit relationships.
- As directed by Credit leadership, lead the coordination, maintenance, and implementation of improved reporting and functionality of Credit Risk systems.
The Senior Analyst, Credit Risk has some credit authority to approve credit requests in their assigned region. The incumbent will:
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Support Credit leadership in managing counterparty/customer limits and exposure monitoring to maintain compliance with credit policy and specific counterparty credit terms (including margining requirements)
- Negotiate or advise junior credit personnel as they negotiate credit terms and conditions, participate in conference calls to assess counterparty credit worthiness, perform customer visits
- Provide Credit Workout with early warning of potential high risk counterparties/customers, and assist in risk mitigation activities
- Maintain Risk data system and reporting integrity
- Ensure accuracy of external and internal reporting and disclosures
- Participate in conference calls with upper management of customers/counterparties - limited interaction with Senior Management on all credit/risk issues, including risk committee and transaction approval meetings
- Rigorously follow the credit process in all transactions and derive creative solutions and structures in managing multiple risks associated with a multi-billion dollar portfolio
- BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced understanding of Mark to Market calculations and valuations of forward contract positions
- In-depth knowledge of credit and risk management fundamentals
- Thorough understanding of financial and wholesale energy trading markets
- Ability to evaluate creditworthiness of a company and clearly convey results in a well written report
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle multiple duties
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with commercial and functional partners, external counterparties, vendors, and senior level executives within Risk and Finance.
- Must be self motivated and possess excellent time management skills
- Strong computer and spreadsheet modeling skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced energy commodity trading environment
- Completion of formal credit training program
- Advanced degree or professional designation in a related field
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster