The Sr Analyst, Corporate Risk is responsible for leading, developing and performing First National of Nebraska, Inc.’s (“FNNI”) Third Party Risk Management (“TPRM”) functions and managing the New Business Initiative and Emerging Risk Management practices for the company. This role includes creating/updating guidelines and training, working with cross-functional teams in establishing ongoing monitoring requirements including the scope of assigned reviews, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reviews and issues, and preparing management level reporting.
Additionally, this role performs governance and oversight functions and proactively works with business units to identify and escalate risks associated with the bank’s third parties, new business initiatives and emerging risk processes. This role will also identify, recommend, and implement process and system enhancements to continuously improve efficiency and best practices. This role acts as a subject matter expert, representing Corporate Risk on matters that impact assigned Risk Management functions.General Accountabilities:
Program Development, Management and Oversight: Maintain and enhance the governance framework of oversight functions for assigned areas.
Consultation, Analysis and Communication: Work collaboratively and lead interdepartmental representatives in Risk Management processes to ensure complete and comprehensive reviews, monitoring and reporting for assigned areas.
New Business Initiative (NBI) Program
- Maintain existing Policy, Guidance, and risk assessment framework
- Initial point of contact for Business Units who are working on new, high risk business initiatives, and coordinating ERM Committee reviews
- On request, assisting business unit managers in completing due diligence work to ensure key risks are appropriately identified and managed
- Gathering required information from management in preparation for New Business Initiative reviews by ERM Committee, FNN Executive Committee, FNN President or FNN Board of Directors as appropriate
Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Program
- Oversee all aspects of the Program to ensure it is operating as intended in accordance with regulatory and program guidelines
- Facilitate the execution of Business Unit Action Plans
- Identify and drive opportunities for program improvements
- Maintain close working relationships with other impacted assurance groups and Business Unit Representatives
- Assist with Policy and Program development, user training and awareness, general Business Unit assistance, Program monitoring, and reporting to ERMC and senior management as warranted
- Collaborate and cross train with other members of the team and serve as back up for those functions
Enterprise Emerging Risk
- Maintain newly formed structure for bank identification, management, tracking and board committee level reporting of Emerging Risks across the Enterprise
- Engage with Risk partners to identify and implement appropriate solutions to improve Emerging Risk functions
- Lead and execute Corporate Risk projects on as-needed basis
- Assist management in internal audit and examination management
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or related Risk Management experience
- 3+ years in Risk Management function
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills with experience building consensus, gaining buy-in, and addressing complex topics within all levels of an organization
- Must be proficient in business and leadership capabilities: effective communication, independent and sound decision making, effective relationship management skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner to stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work efficiently in pressure situations and demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative working relationships
- Ability to identify and recommend objective resolutions to problems using risk analysis
- Ability to present information and reporting in a clear and concise manner
Compensation range (base pay): $68,471.00-$109,767.00.