With minimal guidance, responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting and providing support to all software/hardware for IT users' desktops, laptops, printers and mobile devices. Advises Level I support on moderate to complex technology issues, incidents and problems and provides guidance and direction to Level I support analysts for issues, incidents and problems associated with telephony systems, personal computers, first level LAN/.WAN support and adherence to IT standards including PCs and wiring. Involved in the rollout and installation of new software packages, upgrades, new desktop hardware and may perform end-user training. Maintains desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce. Provides level II and III support, to IT users for software/ hardware end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems; escalates malfunctions to level III support when necessary. Documents problems/ resolutions and maintains asset inventory. Assist with new hire onboardings, Work with hiring managers , obtain assets,Desk setup, track ID provisioning, provide technical on-boarding on first day. Participates in the testing/ evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
Field Support Responsibilities:
- Provides training, guidance, and mentorship to less experienced technicians analysts
- Responsible for deploying technological trends and solutions to enhance the enterprises competitive edge
- Provides maintenance and support for client products, peripherals, servers, mobile devices, networks and physical moves.
- Provides maintenance, installation, and support for client software
- Configuration, deployment and implementation for new assets and/or lifecycle replacement
- Applies and enforces all Change Management policies and procedures
- Provides 24 x 7 after hours technical field support
- Provides data to assist with root cause analysis process when solving problems and implements solutions that will prevent the problem from reoccurring
- Work with vendor support for hardware and software resolutions
- All other duties as assigned. 55%
Process Improvement and Documentation:
- Escalates deficiencies in technical processes and inform Management
- Documents and maintains local software installs and all site surveys. 10%
- Forecasts lifecycle replacement for all hardware and present to Management
- Performs & audits all asset inventory for assigned locations
- Keeps all associated inventory data current
- Identifies all missing assets via cross referencing
- Completes asset retirements as defined. 25%
- Ensures IT standards are being adhered to within their respective regional support areas
- Documents all non-compliance to standards issues and escalates to ITS Regional Client Manager. 10%
- Strong knowledge and experience related to computer systems, computer peripherals, and technologies.
- Thorough understanding of current operating system platforms
- Strong knowledge of various mobile devices (i.e. iPhones. iPads, aircards, rugged field devices)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 products, e.g., Onedrive, Teams, presentation, data base, project planning
- Apple Macbook knowledge
- Thorough understanding of wide and local area networks, and associated hardware
- Knowledge of VoIP and telephony
- Familiar with server configurations/setup/use for mobile platform/ applications (such as GIS equipment pairing with tablets, Lucity/Hach mobile applications)
- Knowledge and Experience in SCADA Systems (networks, static IP comms, radio comms, configuration, remote access, equipment, and fiber optic routing/handoffs)
- Knowledge and use of ADP, Microsoft Dynamics, Contraxx, CITRIX
- Remote Desktop environment, Apple Business Manager, WorkSpace One
- Familiar with DFARS 252.204-7012 Cybersecurity requirements
- Key liaison between IT Dept and Military Services during new military base acquisitions. Involves coordinating Business Network provider(s) setup, site survey of existing assets, new network equipment procurement/ configuration/setup
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational, time management, critical thinking and risk assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills (e.g., listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations, development, motivation, team building).
- Excellent client relations skills and customer service orientation.
- Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing systems.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex discussions in a mixed technical and business team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Minimum of 5 yrs of hands-on, IT experience supporting desktop software/ hardware products and problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Experience providing maintenance and support for moderately complex client products
- Experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision on projects to ensure the high quality of the delivered software/hardware.
- Experience working effectively on multiple projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise of software/ hardware support processes.
- Experience coaching/mentoring desired
- Experience with the utility industry is desirable, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field preferred or 5 + years in similar role.