PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As an integral part of the Business Intelligence Department, the Senior Analyst Business Intelligence will develop, operationalize, and utilize complex business analytical models and reporting to facilitate decision-making by CCHC Leadership. This individual plays a significant role in assessing service and physician performance by analyzing trends evident in data from multiple statistical, demographic and billing systems while working well within a team environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive key metrics, analytics and other business reporting that allow CCHC to understand outcomes achieved related to decision-making.
- Integrate multiple technologies and datasets and related workflow processes to solve business problems.
- Implement, and monitor process improvements to enhance the organization's capability to derive business metrics.
- Under the direction of the Director and/or Sr. Manager, prepares analyses and creates reports which concisely demonstrate financial, clinical, operational, and market performance of Cape Cod Healthcare's programs and services.
- Proactively support the strategic planning process by developing market assessments, market forecasts, capacity, and other analyses.
- Participate as a team member for IT system development of the McKesson business intelligence and decision support information systems.
- Build and perform service line and other key program analyses, to support service line strategy.
- Support Director and Sr. Manager through complex analytics and modeling resulting in quantitative Proformas relied upon by the CEO, COOs, and BOT for business growth, maintenance, or shrinkage.
- Analyze and interpret financial and operational statistical data to assist the CEO and Senior Leadership team in their review and management of operations.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Business Intelligence team to meet organizational goals and adhere to timelines and professional standards.
- Perform other work related duties and assist with special projects as required or assigned by the Director or Sr. Manager.
- Maintains professional affiliations and advances knowledge through attendance at appropriate seminars and conferences.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Healthcare's commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
- · Minimum Bachelor in Business Administration, Health Administration, Economics or a closely related discipline with a Master's degree preferred.
- · Three to Five years' experience in business analysis and or decision support for a healthcare entity, system, or physician organization.
- · Knowledge and experience in physician and hospital revenue and utilization modeling, clinical processes, data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
- · Understanding of national, regional and local healthcare market and policy trends
- · Advanced analytic skills.
- · Experienced Microsoft Access or similar Data Base skills
- · Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions.
- · Ability to quickly absorb new ideas and concepts.
- · Ability to effectively prioritize multiple project demands.
- · Ability to work as part of a project team, and lead teams as needed.