This position is responsible for translating data into meaningful and actionable insights for business partners. Analyses performed by this team directly impacts and influences strategic decision making across this firm. The role will use reports from disparate data sources to spot meaningful trends and patterns. Findings may be communicated through dashboards, graphs, charts etc.
This position works closely with business teams and reporting partners in support of business decision support and product management.
- Analyze data and reports to identify trends/insights that will influence business decisions. Analyses supported includes, product analytics, channel analytics, financial analytics, customer behavior analytics, marketing analytics, etc.
- Conduct reporting, including reporting from disparate data sources, to support business requirements
- Use deductive and inductive research approaches to support decision making
- Help the business identify and formulate hypotheses (deductive)
- Monitor data and identify patterns and trends (inductive)
- Communicate findings to business in a concise and understandable fashion
- Create presentations, graphs, dashboards, etc. to display findings and results utilizing Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ensure bias and data quality issues are resolved or explained when communication occurs
- Continue development of domain expertise by attending partner meetings in order to be able to think strategically about relevant data sets and metrics
- Work with the business to identify metrics to be tracked, including key performance indicators, client segments, etc.
- Assist in translating business stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables for the reporting team to automate
- Proactively monitor metrics and make recommendations for changes, additional metrics and key performance indicators
- Identify and surface data gaps that exist to the data reporting and data management teams and partner on how those gaps can be closed
- Work closely with Reporting and Data Management teams to advance data quality and data management efforts across the firm
- Develop trusted partnerships with business leaders based on collaboration and knowledge of business
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or Management Information Systems
- 3-5 years related experience
- 5+ years total experience
- Understanding and ability to conduct data extraction
- Interest in improving processes and creating efficiencies
- Demonstrates curiosity about what drives business trends and customer behaviors
- Must be comfortable with constantly evolving environment and rapidly changing priorities
- Must be Business-Centric, Data-Oriented, Analytically Minded and Results Driven
- Strong understanding of product metrics such as conversion rates, response rates, ROI, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL
- Advanced Knowledge of Tableau
- Ability to identify appropriate datasets to be able to support analytics
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced critical thinking skills to scope and frame problems
- Displays excellent judgment to understand and support business needs
- Must be able to effectively plan and manage responsibilities autonomously
- Effective communication skills to manage expectations and challenges
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with teammates and business partners
- Must be a natural self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed