At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Data Team, we are looking for a Senior Analyst, Business & Analytics.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Business & Analytics to assist in data gathering and analysis of Argo databases. This position will gain in-depth understanding of data linked to each business process. The role will report to the Director, BI Architecture & Analytics and will be key in understanding the business needs and aligning them with data team's strategy and architecture.
The focus of this position is to work closely with the broader data team and business to gain in-depth understanding of business processes, services and the context in which business operates. This individual will be key in analyzing big data sets and evaluating information from multiple data sources. The individual must have excellent communication skills.
What does a Senior Analyst, Business & Analytics' workday look like?
- Write SQL Queries that will make our data evaluation process more flexible and scalable across data sets.
- Diving into large data sets, uncovering insights, and providing impactful recommendations.
- Performs business intelligence activities, such as data mining, to extract data for forecasting, service delivery metrics to enable business to make key decisions.
- Perform analysis for documenting detailed data lineage (source to target mappings).
- Identify data control requirements, i.e. Reconciliations and validations.
- Works in our Data Strategy Project Team to gather and create business requirements.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design by conducting business and systems process analysis; focusing on quality improvement and data management ensuring reliability and validity of data.
- Collaborate closely with technical teams to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
- Reviews, documents, and categorizes current or as-is state of the business process or function including creating flow charts and process models, and develop portions of the desired future or to-be state of those processes.
- Organize complex problems into simple solutions and precise business and technical requirements
- Define data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution.
What is required for the position?
- Structured data analysis and data requirements development experience is required.
- Core responsibility will be to truly understand data and create data lineage necessary for data strategy.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytics tools.
- Document data and business process flows.
- Prior experience with database and model design is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex information to others in a way they can understand.
- Experience in insurance industry is preferred.
- Data Analysis: 5+ years (Required)
- Business analysis: 3+ years (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, mathematics, and statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' experience with Postgres databases.
- 1+ years' of work experience in a relevant industry.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking