Sr. Analyst, Application Development
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. S/he will develop innovative complex business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
- Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
- Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructuresupport.
- Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
- Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 5 - 7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)
- 5 Years experience using Informatica (Required)
- Experience interacting with multiple teams that range from technical to business, effectively
- Leadership skills
- Experience utilizing disparate data sources including Oracle, SQL databases
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Autosys preferred
- Financial Services background preferred
- RPS experiencepreferred.