Phoenix is a privately held insurance company owned by Nassau Re and serves as its U.S. life and annuity platform. We are unique in the industry – a start-up that has more than 165years of history. We are located in Hartford, CT, in the iconic Boat Building – the world’s first two-sided office building opened in 1963. As part of the young and growing Nassau Re financial services enterprise, our employees are tapping into a new entrepreneurial spirit. We are taking a fresh look at what our customers need and the way we deliver service and solutions. We are looking for flexible problem-solvers committed to making a big impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supportstrategic initiatives to establish, promote and enforce standard and controlled processes and procedures for data governance for each of the actuarial business units.
- Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders to understand complex business questions and deliver solutions to business owners that are consistent with the company's data strategy and infrastructure.
- Support efforts to integrate sources of data across multiple subject areas. As part of enterprise data warehouse project, assist with writing requirements, data mapping, user acceptance testing, and business intelligence tool reporting across multiple insurance subject areas.
- Build relationships with various Data Stewards, Data Architects and others in technical and business areas to ensure collaboration between projects and team members.
- Assist with data definition, data certification, system testing and documentation efforts across various lines of business.
- Implement data quality practices that will improve data management practices and act as a liaison with internal and external auditors on actuarial data changes and ongoing maintenance of data controls.
- Build solid understanding of the technical components of initiatives involving data in-flows and out-flows, inclusive of ensuring data is usable for valuation and administrative model conversions and other business projects.
- Build expert understanding of the Data Dictionary and Data Quality Business Requirements Artifacts; understand how information is gathered, used, stored, interpreted, and how it is integrated into the metadata repository.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Actuarial Science, or Statistics
- 5+ years of experience in insurance, preferably in actuarialvaluation or experience studies
- 5+ years of experience in analytic capabilities operations or development
- Experience with insurance data models/foundations (i.e. IBM, Oracle, ACORD), with ACORD preferred
- Experience developing and/or maintaining data dictionaries/metadata repositories or data glossaries that meet actuarial business needs, preferably within the insurance industry
- Strong ability to interpret and document requirements, create and maintian clear documentation, identify impacts of changes, analyze problems, and communicate
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, implement, and communicate enterprise practices and standards for data management across systems
- Demonstrated knowledge data analytics in an insurance or financial services industry, including business intelligence tools (i.e. Cognos, SAP BusinessObjects, QlikView, Tableau), data structures, statistics, data governance and quality control