We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for managing the bankwide agricultural field appraisal function including the completion of budgets on all types of field, tree and vine crops, as well as appraisals of livestock and equipment serving as a source of repayment and security for agribusiness loans.
- Manages employees by establishing annual performance goals, educational needs, allocating resources, assessing annual performance, and determining individual merit, incentive and/or promotional increases. Performs or oversees all training of AFO personnel.
- Interfaces with loan officer, credit administration, and special assets in resolution of classified credits.
- Prepares and reviews more complex crop budgets and cash flow projections including evaluating borrower’s historical management practices. Uses historical analysis of financial statements, tax returns, budgets, yields, market prices, industry information, along with current and forecasted information to determine equity and margins, which are used as a foundation in agricultural lending.
- Performs periodic inspections of farm/ranch operations to monitor and re-evaluate cash flow projections.
- Performs more complex livestock and equipment appraisals.
- Monitors market and regulatory changes in order to recommend changes to policies and procedures.
- Correlates monthly loan monitoring position reports and meeting. Compiles and maintains an early warning list of customers for Credit Administration use.
- Ensures compliance with the appropriate professional and regulatory standards.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains liaison with fee appraisers and updates them in accordance with any changes in the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Interviews loan principals and data company personnel to verify data for appraisal reports.
- Keeps Bank fully informed on agricultural issues including market conditions on a regional and national level, government regulations, weather patterns, and technological advancements in crops and livestock. Edits bi-monthly Bank agricultural newsletter, Ag Facts & Opinions. Informs Bank of any impending agricultural disasters.
- Develops and maintains crop, livestock, equipment and dairy budget, inspection and appraisal templates for AFO use.
- Develops and maintains crop, livestock and dairy databasetemplates and information. Disseminates this information to other bank personnel when requested.
- Educates line personnel in the uses of cash flowbudgets and other loan monitoring techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of agricultural issues including farming/ranching practices and techniques; government regulations; and economic and environmental issues impacting agriculture.
- Experience in performing all types of crop budgets, livestock and dairy appraising, equipment appraisals, and market forecasting.
- Some managerial experiencepreferred Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word etc.
- Analytical and research
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Demonstrated management
- Employee interviewing skills
- Irrigation and soils analysis skills
- Negotiation skills
- Organize and conduct meetings
- Plan, develop and organize office procedures Real estate appraisal knowledge
- Research information
- Written and verbal communication.