Provide Afloat network engineering support to Carrier Strike Group (CSG), Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) Staff N6s and/or Command Ships, providing underway end-to-end C4I system support on U.S. Navy (USN) and Coalition ships.
• Provide network engineering support to C4I systems. Troubleshooting network/system issues and ensuring operational status of C4I systems
• Experienced with operational use and maintenance of the installed equipment to include hardware (servers, PC’s, cryptologic devices, hubs/switches) and software to include Microsoft Servers and Clients, Collaboration at Sea (Lotus Domino)
• Preferred understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) and experience with impact performance to other parts of the C4I architecture
• Coordinate with ISEA engineers, technicians, installation teams to provide end-to-end technical support for fielded C4I systems
• Provide CASREP support
• Conduct on-site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that cross multiple C4I systems, provide over-the-shoulder training on C4I systems and work technical processes crossing multiple C4I systems
• Significant travel
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in network management, network management of Navy C4I programs, and Navy programs for Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21)
- COMPOSE (preferred)
- CENTRIX (preferred)
- BMD (preferred)
• Experienced with system (SCCM, SCOM, AD, Server, Exchange, etc.) and network (Cisco/Juniper routing and configuring, NMS, etc.)
• Experienced with Information Assurance tool and processes, to include HBSS, ACAS, Retina, etc
• Experienced with Remedy/Navy ticketing and troubleshooting resolution
• Familiarly with technical drawings and documents
• Bachelor of Science Degree in IT, Engineering or similar field or 10 years of experience with Navy Shipboard C4I Systems.
• Security Clearance Secret or Top Secret/SCI eligibility.
• IAT 2 certified