• Acting as a liaison between Sourcing and all other interfacing organizations to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all Supply Chain activities related to fulfilling manufacturing and aftermarket requirements.
• Due to interface with global suppliers (time zone differences), the desirable candidate will need to be flexible on the hours worked.
• This individual plans, schedules, and administrates purchase orders to ensure quality hardware is delivered on time.
• Maintains proper inventory levels per order policy. Interacts with personnel throughout the site with frequent outside contacts to discuss/negotiate difficult technical problems.
• Incumbent works under general direction with specified suppliers and hardware. Plans and schedules purchase orders in accordance with the production requirements as shown in the SAP ERP system.
• Manages inventory to a specified inventory plan as required to support the production schedule
• Researches and provides constant feedback to department and management relative to material shortages and supplier's capacity and capabilities.
• Demonstrates an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead Time.
• Have effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employees and management. High degree of confidence, objectivity, tact, diplomacy and ethical conduct is essential.
• Demonstrated ability in negotiations, planning and hardware administration procedures
• Ability to organize work, document and/or report concisely and accurately and be thorough in carrying out the responsibilities of the job.
• Manage supplier forecast and PO acknowledgement process through Honeywell web portal.
• Bachelor's degree in business or technical field recommended with minimum 2-4 years of purchasing
• Project Management Experience
• Must be proficient in MRP (SAP experience a plus).
• Six Sigma Certification a plus.
• Aerospace Experience
• Experience in an automated EDI environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of production control and material manufacturing methods is highly desired.
• Prior experience in manufacturing.
• Ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment.
• Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in order management and logistics.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Applications
• Prior experience in E-Auction Marketplace