The Dell EMC Messaging team is a group of highly technical messengers, storytellers and thought leaders. Our job is to collaborate across the Dell EMC product teams and the broader Dell Technologies family of businesses, coupling strategic narratives with creative execution. We establish structure and alignment around the stories that define Dell EMC, while disseminating those messages through engaging channels and experiences. Our overall mission is to clearly articulate the Dell EMC vision and strategy to our customers and the industry. This allow us to maximize the value, visibility and impact of our stories.
The Communications lead’s primary responsibility is to drive customer behavior by recommending and/or selecting appropriate targeted messages and mediums that builds awareness of the full Dell EMC portfolio and offerings. This role is focused on strategic planning and the building, communicating, and delivering of the final content to internal or external customers.
- Responsible for writing, editing and finalizing marketing materials
- Establishes communication strategies for messaging efforts by audience and segment. Plans/ develops/implements strategic projects for marketing communications (advertising, direct mail, promotional programs, events, sales enablement content etc.) to promote the sales of Dell EMC offerings
- Determines appropriate communication vehicles and mix strategies to support integrated campaign objectives and performance targets
- Drives marketing communications to establish, enhance or distinguish Dell EMC’s product placement within the competitive arena
- Aligns all marketing communications to support the company brand
- Supports attainment of quarterly marketing plans
- Thought leader in shaping and positioning of go-to-market strategies
- Regularly reviews the work of less experiences team members
- Consistently manages vendor and agency relationships
- Responsible for regional and global execution
- Makes recommendations to improve processes
- Researches best practices
- Leads day to day campaign management activities, e.g. KPI tracking, reporting, preparing presentations and event management
- Interacts with subject matter experts in gathering key content to include within materials
- Strong knowledge of business and marketing strategy, concepts tools and techniques, including promotions, direct mail, customer relations, and advertising
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Organizational agility with the ability to engage across all levels of Dell and with external partners
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experienced project management skills
- Strong customer/market knowledge
- Solid web applications, social media, content management skills
- Self-manages and motivated with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Possess a flexible, enthusiastic and proactive demeanor with a hands-on, detail-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work cross-functionally, across geographic and organizational boundaries, with strong relationship building and management skills
- Experience with Dell, Dell EMC, VMware, Pivotal, Virtustream, Boomi, RSA, and SecureWorks portfolios and/or similar products and companies
- Ability to travel up to 20%
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.