$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to join our research team. This individual will partner with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. He/she has the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership capabilities, is a dynamic presenter, and collaborates cross functionally to develop data-driven solutions that help service our clients and drive revenue.
- Demonstrates proficiency in accurately compiling and analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information/data using appropriate software from all research tools that support Spotlight's suite of products, with a particular focus on assigned areas of expertise.
- Researches market conditions specific to area of focus to determine potential sales of a product and provides research on behalf of the customer.
- Identify and address complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares and submits statistical reports, graphic illustrations of findings, and action plan recommendations to marketing sales management.
- Understands and practices various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices.
- Gathers data on competitors; analyzes and compares such competitive factors utilizing sales research tools, resources & methodology such as Strata, Kantar, Polk and Comscore.
- Applies proficient understanding of the selling process and strategic use of qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Ability to find standard or custom solutions for current and potential customer key marketing challenges and having the ability to articulate those solutions to clients.
- Leverages core sales materials to customize support for strategic account planning and business development for key accounts with preparation of analyses and client materials.
- Conduct effective and comprehensive information searches as needed from research tools that support a client-focused approach to Spotlight's multi-screen product offerings for appropriate clients.
- Participates in the strategic account planning, key account meetings and participates in client calls to position research in markets for which they are responsible.
- Translates research findings into concise and effective client-facing presentations.
- Leads rollout of research initiatives to sales teams and partner departments. Provides feedback to Research Manager.
- Implements and enforces approved research standards, while holding research & sales teams accountable to Spotlight standards and performance goals.
- Some travel required to sales offices.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Assists Analysts in developing research skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Understands fundamentals media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with Google Analytics, R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Valid Through: 2019-11-12