Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers with mechanical mechanisms, analysis and design. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen.
Honeywell is looking for a highly-qualified Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in high-level and low-level software design and development. You will work with systems engineers and a larger research team to architect, design, build, and test custom interfaces for use in research and commercial environments.
Relocation Assistance Provided
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or technical field
• 10-15 years of programming experience with multiple languages, including Python
• Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
• Experience with hardware and laboratory equipment
• Interest in working in a rapid prototyping environment
• Self-Starter willing to learn and apply new software skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
• Experience with C/C++, GUI, BUI, open source database systems
• Familiarity with the git repository and Agile software development processes
• Object-Oriented development skills