Leads System Administrator Team. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Typical duties include;
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects and unit deployments as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Working knowledge of UNIX system administrative, Oracle or other related database management systems and Ethernetnetworking.
- Prefer experience in Sun Trusted Solaris, networkadministration,Oracle database administration, Sequential Query Language (SQL), trusted system concepts, Communications Security (COMSEC) encryption/decryption techniques.
- Security+ highly required, must be accomplished within 6 months of employement.
- Must be worldwide deployable.
Job ID 2017-32223