Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The DBA group supports the database environments in collaboration with the equipment teams (Servers, Telecom and Storage) on a 24/7 basis.
Reporting to the Manager, DBA Services, your role will consist in implementing and administering databases, principally Oracle & SQL Server, in accordance with the company's business objectives.
- Maintain the availability and continuity of the databases;
- Assure the integrity of the databases by following Security policies and procedures;
- Realize capacity analysis of the databases;
- Analyze, prepare, and communicate the details of changes to the Committee;
- Correct incidents and participate in the problem analysis and the implementation of the solutions;
- Ensure that documentation for procedures and system configuration is delivered and kept up to date;
- Review, document, test and rollout database governance guidelines across multiple platforms;
- Participate in audits for database landscapes;
- Participate in project analysis and implementation;
- Develop the team's technical skills.
- You must have a working knowledge administrating databases with major cloud platforms;
- You demonstrate the ability to work under pressure;
- Experience working with BI tools and teams.
- You hold a college diploma in IT, specialized in Relational database management system technology is an asset;
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience with Server administration and at least 5 years of experience with Oracle (Oracle9i to Oracle12c), and 5 years of experience with SQL Server (2005 to 2016) on Windows;
- You have experience with Rman, Dataguard et Oracle Grid Control;
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services is an asset;
- You have knowledge of operating systems Unix, Linux and Windows;
- You have knowledge of database administration in SAP systems; SAP Hanna an asset;
- This position requires availability outside regular business hours (pager one week out of four);
- You are bilingual (written and spoken) in French and English.