The Senior Administrative Manager manages daily operations of multi-physician practice(s)/hospital services for a Department/Division or Service Line. Manages staff and processes of multiple Cost Centers and/or Locations that are typically more organizationally and/or logistically complex to ensure effective performance and efficient systems for Business Operations, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, information Management Organizational Governance, Patient Care Systems Quality Management and Risk Management.
Collaborates with practice/hospital management to implement organizational strategic plans and objectives based on the mission and vision. Partners with leadership and other clinical personnel to manage approved clinical programs.
- Participates in the creation of goals for Department/Division operations and executes accomplishment of objectives.
- Participates in implementing programs.
- Manages business functions to ensure processes are operationally efficient and effective. Manages operations of a more complex organization of multiple Practices, Specialties, Cost Centers and/or Locations with overall accountability of staff.
- Manages the efficient and effective use of operating resources – space, material, equipment, staff, and information.
- Ensures successful transition of new practices or physicians for the Department/ Division or Service Line.
- Collaborates with revenue cycle management to monitor and improve key performance indicators related to appointment scheduling, patient pre-registration/ registration, insurance verification, referral management/pre-authorization, co-pay collection, charge entry/capture activities, and accounts receivable; recommends and implements approved changes.
- Reviews operational reports and collaborates with revenue cycle management to monitor and improve key indicators such as arrivals, no-shows, cancellations, bumps, patient cycle time, exam room utilization, physician productivity, and appointment lag.
- May oversee and coordinate Residency and Fellowship programs.
- 2. Financial Management
Manages multiple Practices, Specialities and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Participates in the annual budget planning processes, including forecasting of revenue trends and expense analyses.
- Operates within the approved budget and maximizes opportunities to meet and exceed budgetary guidelines.
- Monitors, and reports progress and variances of budget and revenue performance to Department/Division or Service Line; makes recommendations as necessary.
- Follows established front-end operations and revenue cycle of the department/division; facilitates education of staff.
- Explores and recommends opportunities to increase revenue and implements cost saving measures.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls for cash management.
- 3. Ensures regulatory and financial compliance to support research initiatives, if applicable. Human Resources Management
Engages practice workforce to achieve Department/Division and organizational success.
- Manages staff members to ensure expected performance within their roles and responsibilities. Participates in hiring, training, communicating expectations and disciplining of staff. Communicates and clarifies performance expectations. Manages the performance appraisal process.
- Manages efficient and effective recruitment and retention strategy for the multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations to ensure optimal operational and clinical outcomes.
- Analyzes and manages staffing needs, skill mix and staffing for for the multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations. Oversees scheduling to ensure coverage.
- Supports continued growth of staff and develops opportunities for advancement. Fosters a culture of learning and development
- Encourages employee participation in the employee satisfaction survey and manages related action plans.
- Manages the timekeeping/payroll process.
- 4. Information
Ensures the flow and appropriateness (HIPPA) of information.
- Ensures communication pathways through careful planning, selection of communication channel and a consistent professional message.
- Manages and ensures communication between practice staff, physicians, and hospital to enhance team dynamics.
- Participates in technology implementation plans.
- Manages patient communication procedures.
- May identify appropriate business/clinical applications and necessary access to support operations.
- 5. Organizational Governance
Upholds and communicates the mission, vision and values of the organization across multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations and/or Hospital.
- Manages and maintains relationships between Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations and/or Hospital, staff and stakeholders.
- Participates in committee activity.
- 6. Patient Care Systems
Upholds and promotes value of patient experience by putting the patient first.
- Manages patient-centered approach to care focusing on safety and operational efficiencies.
- Manages operations to ensure clinical quality and safety.
- Develops, fosters and maintains referrals to the practice(s).
- Designs efficient patient flow patterns to maximize physician schedules.
- Monitors patient satisfaction scores and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- 7. Quality Management
Ensures responsibility-areas participate in quality initiatives to improve healthcare and ensure patient safety. Aligns programs with hospital quality management initiatives if applicable.
- Manages participation in mandatory and non-mandatory performance improvement initiatives at the practice level.
- Manages changes and maintains readiness related to various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law; manages compliance with Joint Commission, Department of Health, Public Health Laws, Institutional and Departmental rules and regulations.
- Reviews Policy and Procedure Manual annually and update, as appropriate.
- May identify benchmarks utilizing regional/national data to monitor quality and opportunities for improvement.
- 8. Risk Management
- Participates in risk management assessment for practice(s) and works to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Manages Department/practice(s) staff adherence to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA and other regulatory standards.
- Manages site(s) level disaster recovery plans to ensure patient safety and business continuity during emergencies.
- May participate in provider credentialing to ensure privileges are obtained as appropriate for clinical practice; collaborates with managed care enrollment to ensure participation in insurance plans.
Performs related duties, as required.
- * Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
- * Minimum of five (5) years progressive administrative experience in an office management, healthcare and/or ambulatory practice setting, required.
- * Maintains current knowledge of related regulatory agency standards and/or public health law.
- * Based on departmental operating requirements, bi-lingual communication skills maybe required.