The eCommerce Sr Designer utilizes strong conceptual thinking and design knowledge to translate client briefs and ideas into design concepts for multiple clients and brands. A successful designer in this role will visualize and develop solutions for eCommerce product detail pages and other eCommerce related materials, while working with other team members to achieve project goals.
This position works closely with the creative and account teams to build high quality digital files following existing brand standards and internal workflow protocol. The eCommerce Sr Designer is a hands-on designer and supports other creative team members with technical problem solving in the development of design elements and storyboards. Ensuring that deliverables are completed in an efficient manner – on time and on budget.
- Participates in design project from concept phase through successful completion.
- Develops and implements visual elements or creative concepts for project deliverables.
- Integrates images, text, motion, etc. with a great sense of aesthetics, while executing against the brand style guide or client brief.
- Meets and ensures high quality standards consistently for all assigned deliverables.
- Attends and leads client meetings as necessary.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships working closely with ACDs and CD as well as collaborating across the business.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Supports proﬁtability efforts by focusing on the efﬁcient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned creative design activities.
- Conducts market research to stay up-to-date on market trends and new design developments.
- Works with creative teams to direct video and photoshoots for eCommerce projects.
- Recommends improvements in creative design concept, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks to management.
- Advises Designers and Jr Designers throughout project deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing or related ﬁeld.
- 6+ years of previous design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Proficient with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat are a must)
- Knowledge/background of e-commerce marketplaces such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. and best practices preferred
- Experience in animation/motion graphics, storyboarding, photo and video editing preferred
- High degree of proﬁciency in MS Ofﬁce Suite, Outlook and Internet applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and inﬂuence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Physical Aspects/Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.