Prepares and analyzes statistical reports of data to be used by the actuarial staff. Provides quantitativesupport in product development, financial analysis, management reporting, modeling and other actuarial research.
- Significant and complex data manipulation and complex calculations using macros and other programs.
- Significant analysis required on most projects.
- May supervise Actuarial Technician I or II.
- Has authority to sign-off on projects of smaller scope and may have authority on a few larger projects.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- May review methods and results of slightly complex projection models.
- May verify and reconcile financialreporting data, prepare periodic reports for other departments with minimal supervision. Also handles "non-periodic" reporting requests and oversees programming solutions. May supervise some reporting projects.
- Understands and manipulates moderately complex actuarial concepts and formulas.
- May handle pricing projects independently and may oversee some small projects.
- Extracts and integrates data from various databases to analyze and develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or relevant area or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Thoroughly understands relevant industry regulations.
- Strong PC skills including Excel.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective organizational skills.
- Knowledge of topics covered in SOA course MFE. Completion of SOA exam.
- Normal office environment.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer