What You Will Learn:
You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on the Employee Experience and how this enables us to engage with the vital talent we need to transform and grow our business and maintain Transamerica reputation as an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects focused within the actuary team.
What Success Looks Like:
- Significant and complex data manipulation and complex calculations using macros and other programs.
- Significant analysis required on most projects.
- May supervise Actuarial Technician I or II.
- Has authority to sign-off on projects of smaller scope and may have authority on a few larger projects.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- May review methods and results of slightly complex projection models.
- May verify and reconcile financialreporting data, prepare periodic reports for other departments with minimal supervision. Also handles "non-periodic" reporting requests and oversees programming solutions. May supervise some reporting projects.
- Understands and manipulates moderately complex actuarial concepts and formulas.
- May handle pricing projects independently and may oversee some small projects.
- Extracts and integrates data from various databases to analyze and develop reports and spreadsheets.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or relevant area or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Thoroughly understands relevant industry regulations.
- Strong PC skills including Excel.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective organizational skills.
- Knowledge of topics covered in SOA course MFE. Completion of SOA exam preferred.