Job Title: Sr. Active Directory Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Active Directory) ensures solutions are expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
- In this role, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will work as an Active Directory project lead and architect, collaborating with other system and network architects, infrastructure engineers, and associates to plan and deliver directory integration with cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, company acquisitions, and other related projects that integrate or depend on Global Directory Services.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience leading directory services (Active Directory) acquisition and integration projects
- Experience developing and executing migrations from cloud and other third party directory services to on premises directories. Related experience extending on-premises directory services to Office 365.
- Experience working withdevelopers and leading the effort to document directory services application dependencies and integration points.
- Related experience leading the migration effort from legacy directories to a consolidated global directory.
- Scripting, Automation, and Configuration Management
- Experience writing complex PowerShell scripts to support loading Active Directory accounts. Related experience using ADMT to migrate accounts and/or SID history.
- Experience with PowerShell DSC and using scripting to automate configuration management.
- Experience planning multi-forest trust relationships and integrating with complex DNS namespaces.
- Project based experience extending Active Directory to cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Expert level knowledge of DNS
- Experience supporting both internal (Active Directory) and externally hosted DNS platforms
- Proven experiencing managing complex DNS infrastructures with multiple domains, sites, and egress points.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory integrated DNS and ability to support and configure DNS scavenging in a multi-forest Active Directory with and without trust relationships.
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory Sites and Services in a complex network with hundreds of sites with varying levels of connectivity
- Active Directory Federation Services – Design, Implementation, and Support
- Microsoft PKI
- Experiencing designing and supporting Microsoft PKI in a complex, multi-forest/domain environment. Related experience integrating and deploying PKI to acquired organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing, monitoring, and trouble-shooting complex PKI issues.
- Expertise with network equipment (Cisco preferred), protocols, and trouble-shooting
- Demonstrated experienceworking with complex TCP/IP networks.
- Ability to independently perform analysis of systems and applications using tools such as Microsoft Message Analyzer, WireShark, and Fiddler.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to create and deliver presentations using Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to extract, transform, and pivot large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Experience creating multi-page reports, operating procedures, and other documentation using Microsoft Word.
Additional Required Experience:
- A consultative approach to projects.
- This position will be the single point of contact for multiple Active Directory projects and will be required to accurately document requirements and develop clear execution plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to IT leadership.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Experience designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a large-scale data center environment.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization concepts and design principles.
- Extensive experience with performance analysis, tuning and optimizing.
- Understanding of operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures