Sr. ACI Engineer
WWT has an opening for an Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Delivery Engineer in our Professional Services (PS) organization. As an ACI Delivery Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and ensuring that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, deployment and operations of ACI Projects. You will also be responsible to provide technical guidance and leadership to engineering teams and ensure project timelines are being met. You will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance.
- Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9k platforms.
- Develop and perform migration from traditional data center network designs to Cisco ACI.
- Integrate services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments to include Application Delivery Controllers and Firewalls.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Create Low Level Design, High Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan documents in accordance with customer and WWT standards.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
WWT recognizes the technology qualifications below are quite extensive. It is expected the team of ACI engineers will encompass all skillsets below, while an individual applicant need only possess several.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology desired.
- 10+ years in a highly technical role that spans multiple disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of current and upcoming technologies / trends.
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching technologies.
- Certified as CCNP or equivalent level of skills and experience.
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products:
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9k Switches
- Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- F5 Big-IP Appliances
- Citrix Netscaler Appliances
- Check Point Firewalls
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Sound understanding of OpenFlow, OpenStack, Virtualization and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Hands on experience with at least one SDN controller architecture (ex. POX, Open Daylight, Cisco APIC).
- Hands on experience on how to create different application policies in the ACI including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects and Filters
- Hands on experience on the Fabric Access Policy including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains
- Hands on experience on Fabric Discovery Activity including Out of Band Configuration, Verifying the APIC Health, Verifying the LEAF Health and Verifying remote access to all the out of band management devices
- Knowledge on ACI Stretch Fabric or ACI Multi-Pod
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with at least one compute virtualization platform: VMware, vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or KVM.
- Ability to perform basic installation and administration of Windows Server and Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt.
- Proficient Python programming skills with object-oriented design principles desired. Related Java and C/C++ experience is welcome.
- Ability to develop programs using REST API to a controller northbound interface.
- Familiarity with software version management tools such as Git/GitHub.
- Practical Agile software development experience, preferably Scrum Master certified.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the best practices for services execution.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A self-starter who exudes positive energy and can rally those around them to a common goal.
- Up to 50% travel required.