Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The Senior Accountant position requires a “hands on” approach. The purpose of this position is to provide oversight to accounting workflow and requirement fulfillment in the Accounts Receivable/Revenue department, using independent judgment, in a LEAD capacity, to assist in streamlining and resolving the daily transaction processing issues that arise in a fast paced, North American finance organization, which includes US and Canadian operations. The Sr. Accountant will also assist the Revenue Accounting Manager, which will allow the department to function, on an interim basis, as a backup to the manager, as well as staff accountants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze accounts receivable aging reports to determine appropriate actions on delinquent accounts, including managing communications and resolving discrepancies and conflicts with customers.
- Process current and new customer credit checks.
- Prepare reconciliations and analyze General Ledger and Customer Accounts.
- Timely prepare and complete monthly accounts receivable and revenue closing procedures, reports or entries.
- Prepare intercompany billings, reconcile intercompany transactions within the general ledger and confirm intercompany balances with foreign business unit partners.
- Thoroughly understand, document, update and maintain accounts receivable desktop procedures. This will enable cross training and backup for others.
- Participate in accounts receivable J-SOX documentation, testing and remediation of control gaps, using critical thinking skills and decision making to fulfill all compliance related duties.
- Participate in any User Testing with IT support.
- Model customer service and satisfaction demeanor that is timely and seeks to exceed expectations and of our internal and external customers.
- Support external and internal audit schedules.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for tasks or projects as assigned by the Revenue Manager.
- Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 5+ years of related Accounting/Accounts Receivable experience required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Business to business and consumer distribution billing/analysis is a plus.
- Ability to understand revenue accounting processes and accounting requirements is a plus.
- Microsoft Navision or other ERP accounting software experience is a plus.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Experience with SOP 97-2, ASC 606 and IFRS software accounting rules is a plus. Trend Micro North America follows Japanese accounting principles. Familiarity with US GAAP for software is a significant asset.