Our Client is a full service investment bank, offering institutional and corporate clients idea-driven investment banking, merger and acquisition, research, sales and trading services from offices in 12 countries worldwide.
The Firm seeks to hire a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance Department, with an immediate opportunity in its New York office. Looking to add an experienced A/P professional to add to a fast paced, high volume NY Finance department. This professional should have strong analytical skills and will assist with all areas within the department. The candidate will be responsible for providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate operations.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Maintain all accounts payables reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payables files
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services, printing, reviewing for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, for a high volume of approximately 300-400 invoices per month
- Accurate GL and cost center coding in preparation of batches for payment entry, enter data into financial information tracking system, and generate backup reports after data entry
- Manage the weekly check run (both ACH & Check payments) and prepare manual checks as and when required
- Assist in monthly closings including accruals and monthly reconciliations
- Vendor Management: manage and maintain updated vendor files, respond to all vendor inquiries, and correspond with various Approvers in other offices
- Send daily cash balances and activity reports to operations
- Maintain Employee census
- Prepare, print and obtain signatures on all accounts payable checks, and distribute/mail signed checks as required
- 1099year-end reporting and assistance with auditing requests
- Minimum 5years of full-cycle accounts payable experiencerequired
- Experience with financial information tracking system or data inventory and vendor cost management software.
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytic skills
- Able to work independently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent mathematical, writing, verbal and communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Organized, proactive and team oriented