Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of Shockwave Medical’s accounting operations and will play a critical role in building the company’s overall Finance team. Our ideal candidate has an exceptional work ethic and is ready to roll up his/her sleeves. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable operating in a fast-moving, high-growth environment. The Senior Accounting Manager will report directly to Corporate Controller.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, preparing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and report preparation.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Lead the year-end audit and identify technical accounting issues to help research and evaluate the appropriate GAAP treatment.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Inventory portion of month-end closing journal entries and reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts. Responsible for reporting package for month-end close meeting, including flux analysis for inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Prepare the financial statements, GAAP footnote disclosures and complete supporting work papers.
- Prepare for and execute successful annual audits.
- Play key role in building out the accounting team and infrastructure to support the company’s rapid growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in Finance and CPA required; advanced degree in Accounting preferred
- 10+ years of accounting-related work experience, including:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting concepts (e.g. cost accounting)
- Prior experience undergoing annual financial audits in a meaningful role
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels in the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to a team approach and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.