Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 34 days ago
Katerra is an end-to-end construction and building services company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra’s cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences
Sr. Accounting Manager
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual, o support construction finance. The successful candidate will have prior experience with project accounting on a GAAP basis (percentage of completion), preparing forecasts including cash flows, highlighting and driving resolution of issues. The candidate should have extensive experience of MRP system, SAP preferred/advantage as well as solid experience with process improvements. The candidate will have reporting responsibilities to Construction VP as well as Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support construction finance team in “all things finance”
• Manage and lead to an accurate and timely monthly close within the corporate deadlines
• Provide detailed explanation for variances in month and quarterly numbers to construction finance management team and corporate accounting team
• Report on projections status on percentage of completion basis
• Investigate all project costs to ensure appropriately coded to the project
• Calculate appropriate monthly accruals by project, by working with project managers
• Liaise with Factory on production costs to ensure all material costs are accurately coded to projects on a timely basis
• Reconcile all material/factory costs to the factory controller
• Prepare monthly reconciliations for all construction related accounts
• Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers and identify any opportunities for extra billing for projects
• Approve and report to management on all write offs of any project-related billings that cannot be billed or collected from customers
• Establish and manage intercompany transactions with other group companies
• Provide cash flow forecasts to corporate and ensure bank is reconciled appropriately
• Prepare and support the management to an approved budget
• Establish strong partnerships with all stakeholders in Phoenix as well as other Katerra offices including Corporate
• Establish strong well-defined efficient processes and internal controls (including SOX) for all areas of responsibilities
• Coordinate with corporate Tax team any related tax compliance
• Coordinate with the IT group to implement stringent system controls and high security standards.
• Provide timely support and guidance to all ad hoc corporate and construction requests
Required Skills & Experience
Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA or international equivalent) with a Bachelor's Degree is preferred
Extensive experience in project accounting as well as general ledger accounting
Sound knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and experience in ensuring compliance with US GAAP
Solid leadership skills required and ability to interface and collaborate with senior executive management
Ability to work in a global environment and support internal customers geographically dispersed.
Experience of working in the architecture/engineering/construction Industry
Advanced Microsoft Excel, knowledge and PowerPoint skills.
Experience working in an ERP environment. SAP preferred.
Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into details
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.
Apply for this Job
I have 8+ years' experience in project and GL accounting and recent experience leading a team. *