TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
The Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting Senior Manager position will lead a corporate accounting team responsible for complex accounting activities, and will support preparation of external financial statements issued to lenders and investors and routine preparation of selected internal reports and statements reviewed with private equity owners and the Board.
1. Leads an accounting team responsible for complex accounting transactions at the corporate level, including purchase accounting and related intangibles, debt and equity transactions, and judgmental reserves and accruals.
2. Manages a team supporting the preparation of quarterly and annual external financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
3. Provides accounting and reporting direction for technical accounting matters, including new accounting standards and new events or transactions. Liaise internally and with external organizations on all such matters.
4. Implements and maintains accounting policies and internal controls for areas of financial accounting and reporting responsibility.
5. Understands internal financialreporting needs and analysis requirements of the organization. Manages the data and analysis needs of the Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury and Tax departments.
6. Drives change specific to standardization and/or automation of accounting and reporting processes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management required
- 5-7+ years of experiencerequired in public accounting and/or corporate accounting with enterprise-wide financialreporting experience
- 2-3 years of supervisory/management experiencerequired
- Prefer experience with or in a public company in the service industry
- CPA credentials strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of US GAAP and corporate accounting, finance principles and best practices
- Knowledge of income statement, balance sheet analysis, financialreporting
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior management
- Supervisory skills to select, develop, coach, and manage performance
- Organizational and planning skills to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail
- Consulting and collaboration skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)