Japanese major trading company is seeking a Sr. Accounting Manager.
The primary objectives of the Accounting Department at the Houston Branch include maintaining the accurate and complete accounting records in compliance with accepted accounting policies & procedures and providing accounting expertise to support the Trade Departments in Houston. The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for managing daily accounting activities and closing process, and serving as an accounting expert to the assigned Trade Departments. This position requires an operational and technical accounting background to provide accounting consultation, research and document technical accounting issues, and coordinate with other corporate functions to support requirements for financialreporting, audit and internal control matters. This position reports directly to the Deputy Department Manager and ultimately to the Department Manager, and assists the department?s operational improvement initiatives and building a high performing accounting team.
Manage general accounting activities and the financial closing process for the assigned business units to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures. (30%)
Serve as an accounting expert to the assigned business units (30%)
Provide adequate review, direction and supervision of staff, and substitute others in the team when needed. Assist the department?s management in developing and building a high performing team through effective team meetings, training and communications. (20%)
Work closely with the department?s management to continually improve operational efficiency by examining and challenging current accounting procedures and workflow processes to establish and implement improved/efficient ways of working. Assist developing written accounting procedures and practice guidance. (20%)
- CPA licence
- 10+ years of progressive financial accounting experience with 3+ years in a supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and USGAAP.
- Proficient in MS office with advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP systems.
- Maintain high level of effectiveness and excellent customer service skills in different situations with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Public accounting experience in Big 4 strongly preferred.
- SAPexperience is beneficial.
- B.A. degree in accounting or related field required.