- Lead cross-functional teams in the planning and integration of acquired entities, including, but not limited to, rollup of financial results and acquired account balances.
- Assist in the review of analysis of acquired entity account balances to determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Assist in the preparation of the accounting for acquisitions including the opening balance sheet, and ensure the purchase accounting entries are reflected correctly in the ledger.
- Prepare financial statement variance analysis identifying business drivers of the fluctuations.
- Analyze complex and non-routine accounting issues including analysis, relevant accounting guidance and recommendations that are presented to senior management and auditors to arrive at sound accounting conclusions.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting matters, including consultation with external auditors on such topics as lease accounting, exit costs, and foreign currency transactions. Prepare Technical Accounting position memos to support accounting conclusions.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Prepare and maintain global accounting policies, provide guidance and ensure compliance.
- Review and/or approve various monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Review and support team in performing account reconciliations.
- Support compliance with company policies and internal controls.
- Lead and mentor one direct report.
- Requires a BS in in Accounting
- Must be certified CPA
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience including Big 4 accounting experience
- Experience managing staff
- Experience working in a global multinational company with US GAAP reporting requirements
- Experience with statutory reporting requirements such as IFRS and local GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and excel
- Excellent time management, organizational, change management and problem-solving skills