- Leads portions of the month-end close process (for a single business unit or multiple business units as needed) including the preparation and analysis of schedules, reports and posting of journal entries and understanding the impact to the overall financial statements.
- Reconciles and reviews higher risk and more complex balance sheet accounts including identification, resolution and communication of reconciling items as necessary. Questions inconsistencies in financial data elements and makes recommendations to resolve.
- Analyzes trends and explains actual variances to prior periods and forecasts including researching and providing appropriate support for schedules, reports and entries by working withfinance and business partners, examining source information, etc.
- Is exceptional at and requires little to no direction in the performance of routine tasks and duties. Is a “go-to” team member for ad hoc projects.
- Leads and/or significantly contributes to department initiatives, special projects and critical deliverables and actively works to improve key department measures and metrics.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to learn, develop and add to existing work load.
- Actively contributes to the continuous improvement environment by documenting internal processes, suggesting improvements to procedures and controls and generally challenging the status quo.
- Understands all components of the balance sheet and has an understanding of associated cash flow impacts and key financial measures and metrics (e.g.: ROIC, etc.).
- Understands the relationship and interactions between local accounting systems (PeopleSoft/Hyperion, etc.) and parent and sister company systems.
- Provides guidance to analysts and works effectively and cooperatively with other seniors and department leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preference for active work toward advanced degree (e.g.: MBA) and/or candidate for professional certification (e.g.: CMA, CFA or CPA)
- +5 years direct experience in accounting/financial analysis
- Experience with enterprise financial accounting systems
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, lookups, formulas, etc.)
- Proficient in other MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, etc.)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and proficiency in relevant IFRS pronouncements
- Solid analytical thinker including significant experience in accounting research, problem solving and issue resolution
- Dedicated team player, highly motivated, eager to learn, increase knowledge, speed and bandwidth to improve self and the team
- Takes ownership of and pride in individual and team duties and responsibilities including taking initiative to validate work by way of thorough review for accuracy and reasonableness ensuring quality results
- Takes and gives constructive feedback well through open and honest discussion and taking deliberate action to improve self and team
- Communicates early and often with direct manager and relevant team members
- Unwavering commitment to meeting hard deadlines in an environment of competing priorities and shifting expectations
- Unwavering commitment to accuracy and consistency in individual and team results and work product
Knowledge/Skills Preferred but not required
- PeopleSoft or other similar enterprise accounting software
- Oracle, Smart View, Hyperion, Essbase, Blackline and other financial software applications