Sr Accounting Associate, II
Our Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and annual financial statements and providing meaningful analysis on said statements. You will assist in the budgeting and forecasting process and maintain revenue calculations and tracking for our client’s portfolio of properties.
- Produce timely and accurate monthly financial statements and provide analysis on information which could include supporting revenue schedules, labor reports, and expense review.
- Distribute and communicate financial results to Regional Operations Managers.
- Responsible for the monthly revenue reconciliation as well as ensure accurate recognition of revenue in compliance with contract terms.
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly Management Executive Committee variance reports
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure the accounts receivable objectives and metrics are met - oversee maintenance and research on AR over 30 days past due
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recognition of revenue in compliance with contract terms
- Responsible for completion of quarterly audit work papers
- Assist in the creation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts for the client group
Sound like you? Before you apply its worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required; CPA a plus
- 5+ years of accounting experience, some real estate experiencepreferred
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications required; experience with real estate accounting software a plus (JDE, MRI, Skyline, and/or Timberline) JDEdwards E1 knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven