WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for performing professional level general accounting duties to maintain and administer WageWorks’ general ledger. This leadership role will draw heavily from your extensive industry knowledge and experience to provide guidance and training to less experienced accounting staff. Due to accelerated growth, we are adding multiple positions to our Shared Service teams!
- Ensure proper and timely entering and recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Participate in the month-end closeprocesses, which include the following:
- Complete complex, high volume, small dollar transactional reconciliations and account balance summaries (rollforwards) by gaining understanding the healthcare and cobra lines of business
- Complete balance sheet fluctuation analysis, rollforwards, and direct statement of cash flows for reporting to Corporate.
- Complete journal entries and review invoicing batches for accuracy, proper approval and account coding following Company standard practices and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and analyze business issues and transactions that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolutions to management and other affected areas/departments as required.
- Develop and implement proper accounting processes and standard operating procedures within the department and company-wide including developing and maintaining desktop procedures and manuals.
- Provide technical guidance to the other finances teams in order to properly recognize revenue and resolve other accounting issues.
- Work with Internal and External Auditors with daily, quarterly or annual audit requests
- Assist with SOX documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major.
- 5-10 years of professional level accounting research, analysis, reconciliation, and financial and accounting reporting work
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience with a large ERP system such as Great Plains or NetSuite
- Experience with home grown systems and advance excel and database skills, including macros and advanced formulas for summarizing high volumes of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing you to relay technical accounting information effectively with non-technical people and act as a resource for less experienced accounting staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills allowing you to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are required as is the ability to research issues, prepare evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions.
- Must be able to work in a deadline driven high volume atmosphere
- Public company experiencedesired
- CPA Preferred but not required
- Must be able read, review and understand contracts and terminology
- Ability to work independently on accounting projects with minimal direction and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.