The Senior Accountantreports to Plant Controller and is responsible for ensuring financial records are accurately maintained for Manufacturing, Distribution and the Return Center and for providing guidance and support to these facilities and Corporate Finance via reporting and analysis of key measurements. Financial analysis conducted include comparisons of monthly, weekly and annual financial results and trends, compilation of forecasts and budgets; and financial analysis of any current issues. This position is also accountable for ensuring the validity of the standard cost of products produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Accounting Department Personnel.
- Assist in preparing Annual Operating Plan for all 3 facilities in Paragould.
- Determine OH Rates for product by identifying fixed and variable costs for departments and reviewing service allocation.
- Prepare financial statements for daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements for facility and corporate finance.
- Complete month end close procedures and journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare financial charts for key measurements.
- Monitor and maintain capital spending for facility.
- Create standard cost for product and assist in standards roll process for all 3 facilities in Paragould.
- Review and monitor inventory gain and loss.
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecast with emphasis on production related costs (COGS, PPV, absorption, scrap, inventory, etc…).
- Reconcile manufacturing variances to standards, variances to budget and new project proposals.
- Assist in AP resolution with vendors.
- Serve as critical backup support for Plant Controller and Accounting Department Personnel.
- Assists all facilities with any financial issues/concerns as needed.
- 5-7 years of appliedexperience in accounting field, preferably manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to set goals and deliver timely and accurate results for self.
- Communicate effectively with other functional areas and all levels within the organization.
- Excellent leadership and team skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience